Groundbreaking reproductive genetics services
For nearly 30 years, Dr. Mark I. Evans and associates have developed and delivered a large number of new prenatal procedures for women concerned about the health of their developing fetus.
Welcome to Comprehensive Genetics
Comprehensive Genetics/Mark I. Evans, MD PLLC provides a comprehensive package of state-of-the-art and groundbreaking reproductive genetics services and has one of the most experienced teams available for prenatal screening, diagnosis and therapy in the United States.
For nearly 30 years, Dr. Evans and associates have developed, perfected, and delivered a large number of new prenatal procedures for women concerned about the health of their developing fetus. We routinely see patients from all over the United States and abroad who are referred to us because we have among the world's most expertise at a number of highly specialized procedures such as CVS, fetal reduction, fetal tissue sampling, amniocentesis, genetic ultrasounds, and fetal therapy. Using molecular technologies, we are able to provide next-day results for certain diagnoses such as Down Syndrome. We also collaborate with some of the most specialized doctors around the world in their areas of expertise to offer our patients leading-edge care as appropriate to their specific situations.
Changing the Philosophy of Prenatal Evaluation
Historically, obstetric care and evaluations were limited in the first trimester of pregnancy, increased in the second and third, and included weekly visits in the last month. The explosion of technologies in ultrasound and laboratory diagnostics now allows for earlier, accurate, and therefore private answers to many fundamental components of fetal and maternal health. Thus, we believe that the emphasis of care (and number of visits and tests performed) will move from the third trimester to the first.
Who Needs Our Services
Pregnancy should be a time of joy and hope for a healthy family. For many women, however, they have either experienced years of infertility prior to finally achieving a pregnancy, or they have risk factors that increase their chances of not taking home any children or of giving birth to children who may have serious physical or neurological/developmental problems. For nearly 30 years, we have been working with such women and their partners to reduce their risks, test for the health of their future children, and help them maximize the chances of having healthy children.
Typically, we see patients who fall into one or more of several different categories of potential concerns:
- Advanced maternal age (AMA) (commonly >35 years of age)
- Multifetal pregnancies with or without AMA
- Suspicion of genetic/congenital problem in the current pregnancy
- History of genetic/congenital problems in previous pregnancies
- Evaluation for risk status in the current pregnancy with Instant Risk Assessment (IRA) Screening Program or for non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT) with free fetal DNA
- IRA and other ultrasound evaluations including assessment of other markers along with 3D and 4D assessment, and Doppler flow.
Enhanced Genetic Screening (EGS) Program
- Screening for chromosome abnormalities
- Carrier frequencies of common genetic disorders
- "Ashkenazi Jewish Panel"
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Fragile X
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy
Enhanced genetic screening (EGS) program including:
- The first trimester Instant Risk Assessment (IRA) Screening Program using Nuchal Translucency (NT) screening run in conjunction with Perkin Elmer/NTD Labs.
- Non-invasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT) using free fetal DNA.
- Genetic counseling.
- Diagnostic ultrasound (2D, 3D and 4D)
- Chorionic villus sampling (CVS) for singleton and multiple pregnancies
- Genetic amniocentesis
- Fetal tissue biopsy (muscle, skin, or liver)
- Fetal therapy
Multiple Pregnancy Management
- CVS and amniocentesis
- Fetal reduction
Quick Contact Info
Dr. Mark I. EvansPhone: 212.288.1422
Email: Evans@CompreGen.com 131 E 65TH ST
NEW YORK NY 10065